COMFORT PUBLIC LIBRARY IS STILL OPEN!
We’re thrilled to announce that the Comfort Public Library is still in business and in order to keep you safe, we still have some measures in place for your protection.
• All returned books are being kept in “quarantine” for four days per CDC guidelines. So even if you’ve reserved a book, it might be up to a week before it can be checked out.
• Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry; there is a station set up at the door.
• Masks are encouraged.
• Eight computers are now available for use, six in the Tech room and two upstairs.
• All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times within the library.
o Tuesday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Wednesday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Thursday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Friday 11:00 - 6:00 pm (Wee Friday at 10:30 am)
o Saturday: 9:00 am-1:00 pm
o Closed Sunday & Monday
Don't Forget Our Free Online Options!
Since we are still social distancing and you may not be comfortable visiting the Library, we still offer numerous options for our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books, videos and educational/learning materials. To access these resources, a valid library card and password (your 10-digit phone number without hyphens) is needed:
• TexShare Databases
• Learning Express (resources for elementary, middle & high school students)
• SimplyE (ebooks)
• Project Gutenberg (ebooks)
• OverDrive (ebooks, audiobooks and magazines; for best results use the “Libby” app)
• LibriVox (audiobooks)
• And many, many more!
Visit the options under the Catalog tab.
• Wee Fun Friday is weekly (except Thanksgiving week or federal holidays) at 10:30 am Fridays. The story can be found on the Library’s private FaceBook group: Comfort Public Library Story Time (Simply request admission for access).
• Science Saturday is the first Saturday of the month meeting on the Library Patio (weather permitting), or else inside the Learning Center. Additional information and resources can be found on the Library's private FaceBook group Science Saturday at Comfort Public Library (Simply request admission for access)
Don't Forget Our Online Options!However, since we're still social distancing and you may not be comfortable with visiting the Library, we still offer several on-line options to our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books and various videos. Visit the many options under the Catalog Tab above.
Holiday ClosuresClosed on the following days: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and weekend, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
VolunteersWhile we appreciate all our volunteers (more than you know), for your protection, we are currently not accepting volunteers.
You can now get almost 1000 different magazines on OverDrive using your CPL library card and password (your 10-digit telephone number). Check out all the options–from Tech & Gaming, to Food & Wine, to Celebrity & Gossip and lots more, OverDrive has most of the magazines you love! Go to…
→ AUTHORS WITH A LAST NAME ENDING IN (the letter) “S” ← For LITERARY FICTION – Susan Sherman / Brittani Sonnenberg / Anna Stothard For BIOGRAPHICAL FICTION – Jan Sikes For DOMESTIC FICTION – Danzy Senna / Priscille Sibley For HISTORICAL FICTION – Pamela Schoenewaldt / Marisa Silver / Tom…
This month we’re going to explore everyone’s favorite scientific topic–DINOSAURS! There were 21 different kinds of dinosaurs that lived in our great state, and hundreds more other kinds of prehistoric creatures! We’ll learn about the different dinosaurs that lived where we live, the fossils you might find in your own…
Looking for something to read? CPL has the current Bluebonnet books for the enjoyment of teenage and younger readers (or any age). Check these out! · ACT by Kyla Miller · THE BEST OF IGGY by Annie Barrows · BLACK BROTHER, BLACK BROTHER by Jewell Parker Rhodes · THE CANYON’S EDGE by Dusti…