COMFORT PUBLIC LIBRARY IS NOW OPEN!
We’re thrilled to announce that the Comfort Public Library is back in business! But in order to keep you safe, we’ve instituted some measures for your protection.
• All returned books are being kept in “quarantine” for four days per CDC guidelines. So even if you’ve reserved a book, it might be up to a week before it can be checked out.
• Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry; there is a station set up at the door.
• Masks are encouraged.
• Eight computers are now available for use, six in the Tech room and two upstairs.
• All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times within the library.
o All toys have been removed from the children’s area
o If you’re going to use a computer, you must keep your children with you
o Children will not be allowed to use the computers. (There may be some exceptions to this for schoolwork, etc. Please call the library ahead of time to discuss this.)
o Tuesday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Wednesday & Thursday 11:00 - 7:00 pm
o Friday 11:00 - 6:00 pm (Wee Friday at 10:30)
o Saturday: 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Your Library continues to offer many free resources. These resources require a library card and password (which is your 10-digit phone number without hyphens):
• SimplyE (ebooks)
• OverDrive (ebooks and audiobooks; for best results use the “Libby” app)
• rbDigital (magazines)
• Librivox (audiobooks)
• Learning Express (resources for elementary, middle and high school students)
• Story Time is weekly on Fridays and can be found on the Library’s FaceBook page or the private group Comfort Public Library Story Time
• Science Saturday is the first Saturday of the month meeting at the Library Patio (weather permitting), else inside the Learning Center and on the Library’s FaceBook page or the private group Science Saturday at Comfort Public Library
Don't Forget Our Online Options!However, since we're still social distancing and you may not be comfortable with visiting the Library, we still offer several on-line options available to our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books and various videos. Visit the many options under the Catalog Tab above.
→ AUTHORS WITH A LAST NAME ENDING IN (the letter) “L” ← FUTURISTIC THRILLER – Edan Lepucki HISTORICAL FICTION – Julianne Lee / Andrea Levy / David Liss HISTORICAL MYSTERY – Eric Lerner HISTORICAL ROMANCE – Stephanie Laurens / Y.K. Janice Lee / Beverly Lewis HORROR – Victor D.…
As readers, we all have our favorite authors or genres. We eagerly look for the latest book for each and sometimes we pass up a title because we are not familiar with the man or woman who wrote it. And on that note… ****BOOKS YOU MAY WANT TO STOP AND…
In July 2019, the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) announced a new program, E-Read Texas, to bring electronic books to Texans served by small community libraries in all parts of the state. A contract with Amigos Library Services is funding the implementation and hosting of the SimplyE app,…
Now you can check out magazines at home or on the go! Just click here and you’ll be taken to our magazine page. You’ll just have to register using your active CPL card number, then you’re set to go! There are more than 60 magazines available to check out so…