COMFORT PUBLIC LIBRARY IS STILL OPEN!
We’re thrilled to announce that the Comfort Public Library is still in business and in order to keep you safe, we still have some measures in place for your protection.
• All returned books are being kept in “quarantine” for four days per CDC guidelines. So even if you’ve reserved a book, it might be up to a week before it can be checked out.
• Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry; there is a station set up at the door.
• Masks are encouraged.
• Eight computers are now available for use, six in the Tech room and two upstairs.
• All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times within the library.
o Tuesday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Wednesday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Thursday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Friday 11:00 - 6:00 pm (Wee Friday at 10:30 am)
o Saturday: 9:00 am-1:00 pm
o Closed Sunday & Monday
Don't Forget Our Free Online Options!
Since we are still social distancing and you may not be comfortable visiting the Library, we still offer numerous options for our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books, videos and educational/learning materials. To access these resources, a valid library card and password (your 10-digit phone number without hyphens) is needed:
• TexShare Databases
• Learning Express (resources for elementary, middle & high school students)
• SimplyE (ebooks)
• OverDrive (ebooks and audiobooks; for best results use the “Libby” app)
• rbDigital (magazines)
• LibriVox (audiobooks)
• Project Gutenberg (audio)
• And many, many more!
Visit the options under the Catalog tab.
• Wee Fun Friday is weekly (except Thanksgiving week or federal holidays) at 10:30 am Fridays. The story can be found on the Library’s private FaceBook group: Comfort Public Library Story Time (Simply request admission for access).
• Science Saturday is the first Saturday of the month meeting on the Library Patio (weather permitting), or else inside the Learning Center. Additional information and resources can be found on the Library's private FaceBook group Science Saturday at Comfort Public Library (Simply request admission for access)
Don't Forget Our Online Options!However, since we're still social distancing and you may not be comfortable with visiting the Library, we still offer several on-line options to our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books and various videos. Visit the many options under the Catalog Tab above.
Holiday ClosuresClosed on the following days: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and weekend, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
VolunteersWhile we appreciate all our volunteers (more than you know), for your protection, we are currently not accepting volunteers.
→ AUTHORS WITH A LAST NAME ENDING IN (the letter) “R” ← For LITERARY FICTION – Tom Rachman / Ron Rash / Deborah Reed / Peggy Riley / Rebecca Rotert For HISTORICAL FICTION – Kalyan Ray For MYSTERY – Eddy Rogers For MYSTERY & DETECTIVE – Ruth Rendell / Rick…
→ AUTHORS WITH A LAST NAME ENDING IN (the letter) “P” ← For LITERARY FICTION – Benjamin Percy / Michael Pitre For HISTORICAL FICTION – Matthew Pearl / John Pipkin For a HISTORICAL MYSTERY – Ben Pastor / Eliot Pattison / Arturo Perez-Reverte / Elizabeth Peters For MYSTERY – Sara…
Comfort Lions Club President Leslie Pressler presents a $500.00 donation to the Comfort Public Library’s President Chuck Converse.
In July 2019, the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) announced a new program, E-Read Texas, to bring electronic books to Texans served by small community libraries in all parts of the state. A contract with Amigos Library Services is funding the implementation and hosting of the SimplyE app,…