COMFORT PUBLIC LIBRARY IS STILL OPEN!
We’re thrilled to announce that the Comfort Public Library is still in business and in order to keep you safe, we still have some measures in place for your protection.
• All returned books are being kept in “quarantine” for four days per CDC guidelines. So even if you’ve reserved a book, it might be up to a week before it can be checked out.
• Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry; there is a station set up at the door.
• Masks are encouraged.
• Eight computers are now available for use, six in the Tech room and two upstairs.
• All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times within the library.
o Tuesday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Wednesday 11:00 - 7:00 pm
o Thursday 11:00 - 6:00 pm
o Friday 11:00 - 6:00 pm (Wee Friday at 10:30 am)
o Saturday: 9:00 am-1:00 pm
o Closed Sunday & Monday
Don't Forget Our Free Online Options!
Since we are still social distancing and you may not be comfortable visiting the Library, we still offer numerous options for our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books, videos and educational/learning materials. To access these resources, a valid library card and password (your 10-digit phone number without hyphens) is needed:
• TexShare Databases
• Learning Express (resources for elementary, middle & high school students)
• SimplyE (ebooks)
• Project Gutenberg (ebooks)
• OverDrive (ebooks, audiobooks and magazines; for best results use the “Libby” app)
• LibriVox (audiobooks)
• And many, many more!
Visit the options under the Catalog tab.
• Wee Fun Friday is weekly (except Thanksgiving week or federal holidays) at 10:30 am Fridays. The story can be found on the Library’s private FaceBook group: Comfort Public Library Story Time (Simply request admission for access).
• Science Saturday is the first Saturday of the month meeting on the Library Patio (weather permitting), or else inside the Learning Center. Additional information and resources can be found on the Library's private FaceBook group Science Saturday at Comfort Public Library (Simply request admission for access)
Don't Forget Our Online Options!However, since we're still social distancing and you may not be comfortable with visiting the Library, we still offer several on-line options to our patrons. Libraries and companies that support them have developed multiple resources that will allow patrons access to e-books, audio books and various videos. Visit the many options under the Catalog Tab above.
Holiday ClosuresClosed on the following days: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and weekend, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
VolunteersWe have missed our volunteers!! So, with Texas currently "open for business", we will now accept volunteers on a limited basis. If you feel comfortable interacting with the public in Comfort, feel free to come by or give us a call and we'll be happy to have you join us!
Our long-awaited phase 2 renovations are finally designed and ready for implementation, but we need you! For more info…Click here!
→ AUTHORS WITH A LAST NAME ENDING IN (the letters) “U” & “V” ← For LITERARY FICTION – Cecilia Urbina / Salley Vickers For HISTORICAL FICTION – Rachel Urquhart For INSPIRATIONAL FICTION – Donna VanLiere For DOMESTIC FICTION – Penny Vincenzi For BIOGRAPHICAL FICTION – Delphine de Vigan For WESTERNS…
→ AUTHORS WITH A LAST NAME ENDING IN (the letter) “T” ← For LITERARY FICTION – M. Glenn Taylor / Jessica Maria Tuccelli / Rufi Thorpe / Scarlett Thomas / Hannah Tinti For HISTORICAL FICTION – Lalita Tademy / Christine Trent / Rupert Thomson / Chantal Thomas For GENERAL FICTION…
As an actor, David Duchovny impressed audiences with his many roles, particularly the one of Fox Mulder on “The X-Files”. As a writer, he is impressing a new kind of audience. His latest offering is entitled TRULY LIKE LIGHTNING and is set in California, near Joshua Tree. Living in seclusion…